Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio downtown hotel
Conveniently located in the center of the city, the Home2 Suites San Antonio downtown hotel is an easy 10-15 minute walk from the historic Alamo and the San Antonio River Walk. Opened in February 0f 2012, Home2 Suites is a new idea for Hilton. One of only seven “Home2 Suites” in the nation, the all-suite, extended stay hotel is eco-friendly, while also appealing to the cost conscious traveler.
Designed to feel like your home, the rooms offer a small kitchen with apartment sized refrigerator, microwave oven and dishwasher. Young families will like this concept to save on meals, as will extended stay business travelers.
From the indoor salt water swimming pool, to the recycled materials throughout, the eco-element is apparent. Energy Star rated appliances are a given, as is the trend toward dual flush, water conserving toilets. You won’t find mini shampoo bottles here. Instead, look for bulk soap dispensers featuring Neutrogena products. The carpeting is made of 65% recycled materials, without the use of toxic glues.
What’s missing? I couldn’t find the safe deposit box, because there isn’t one in room. You’ll need to head downstairs to the lobby to use the hotel safe.
Extra credit points: Front desk receptionist, Sammi, went the extra mile to check me into my Southwest Airlines flight, as I didn’t have computer access during my off-site business meetings.
Studio King Suite
My room, #702, rented anywhere from $159. -$189 during Fiesta, an 11 day party, celebrating San Antonio and it’s culture. Rates ran $129 during non-event days. Check website for details.
At this hotel:
- Complimentary continental breakfast each day
- Business center with computers, printers and complimentary wireless printing.
- Oasis common space, designed for work outside of the suite.
- Fitness Center equipped with Precor Fitness equipment, free weights and cardio equipment.
- Saline-based pool, maintained with natural minerals instead of chemicals.
- Pet Friendly up to 30 lbs. $75. per pet, up to two pets.
Two types of guest rooms: studio suites and one-bedroom suites.
- Complimentary HBO
- Full Kitchen – Microwave / Convection Oven and Dishwasher
- Sitting area with sleeper sofa
- Wireless high-speed internet access
- Customizable working wall with Ergonomic desk chair
- Alarm clock with iPod port and MP3 jack
- Neutrogena bathroom amenities
San Antonio points of interest near the hotel
- The Alamo
- San Antonio Military Bases
- University of Texas San Antonio
- AT&T Center
- Fiesta Festival
- San Antonio Museum of Art
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- San Antonio Convention Center
- San Antonio Hospitals
- San Antonio River (with cobblestone paths)
Check-in: 3:00pm/Check-out: 12:00pm
If You Go:
Home 2 Suites by Hilton (210) 354 -4366